Saturday, July 18, 2009

Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens



CMBG in Boothbay is one (of the many many) of my favorite places to visit. I wish I could say that it's just a short drive but it is not... it's well over an hour from our house. But it's totally worth the drive because the drive itself is one of my favorites as well. We went out for a quick walk this past Wednesday because we got there about 45 minutes before the gardens closed at 5 o'clock.

The daylilies, astilbe, and Japanese Irises were all in full glory. I've noticed that these flowers are in abundance all over the area... even along the interstates the ditches and forests are thick with flowers... all three of the aforementioned are naturalized all over the place! It's pretty amazing. I especially love the inky purply blue japanese irises.

It's gloriously warm and humid here today... warm as in there is an actual heat index. The folks at the grocery store were sweating buckets and complaining about the humidity... I suppose it isn't the norm around here. But to me, it feels WONDERFUL!


No comments: