Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Triple Seed Stitch Cowl


This cowl was pure delight to knit. I used Malabrigo Rios (Indiecita colorway) that I got on a whim at Halcyon Yarn recently. I just love this colorway and this yarn is truly squishy buttery soft.

The pattern is just my own... with size 6 needles, CO 112 sts, join in to the round being careful not to twist stitches, k1p1 for three rounds, the p1k1 for three rounds... repeat until you're close to running out of yarn. Then repeat in pattern for 2 rounds, then bind off in pattern.

I washed and blocked and this cowl got even squishier and softer! It'll be a lovely, lofty, lightweight neck warmer for a friend this winter.




5 comments:

Erica said...

Lovely cowl! Just in time for the Winter months ahead :D

Ruth said...

It's gorgeous!

Susan said...

That is so pretty, Liz! Enjoy!

essjay said...

Beautiful! I love that you are designing!

Rita said...

I was just getting ready to start a seed stich scarf and love the 3 row twist you designed! The yarn I am using looks great in sead stitch, not so much is stockinette. Thanks for the idea!