Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Window Shopping Wednesday

I could shop online all the time if money allowed but I've reigned in my spendiness as of late and plan on keeping that trend. I don't particularly like to stash a ton of yarn... it makes me feel antsy and overwhelmed about my favorite hobby. Even if money were no object, I wouldn't want a massive stash to weigh me down. I do, however, love to 'window shop' online and imagine all the fun I'd have with the wonderful yarns that are offered... I thought maybe we could do this together. Share some of your finds with me, too.

I hope to do this every Wednesday or at least most .... Now, let's ogle some yarn, shall we?

  • Kaleidoscope Yarns put up their latest shipment of Tosh Pashmina yarn this week. I have one skein of this yarn in the cherry colorway that I ordered a while back from kyarns. It's scrumptious, my friends. 75% merino wool 15% silk 10% cashmere, 360 yards, sport weight. This is so incredibly soft that I'll probably knit it in to a cowl for this winter.




  • Kim of The Woolen Rabbit has a new yarn line and it looks fantastic. Mara is a single ply worsted weight yarn that is a blend of 60/20/20 blend of Merino, Alpaca and silk, 225 yards/skein. I can't wait to try out this yarn. I've always had a thing for single ply yarns and have already knit up a couple of projects using Kim's fabulous yarns. She's truly an artist.



That's it for this week! I hope you may have found something that strikes your fancy. Has anything in particular caught your eye this week?

I really could go on and on about yarn ... I stalk all the yarn sites and am always looking out for what's new and different. I have so many more goodies that I need to share with you. I'm excited about this new series!

4 comments:

Libby said...

I agree. Window shopping online is really fun. I've come to the realization that I don't want a yarn stash other than a few balls to make a last minute baby hat as a gift. I enjoy the front-to-end part of a project: choosing pattern, procuring yarn, knitting, etc.

I hadn't seen the UNI colorway. I guess they probably only offer it at Crazy Girl Cedar Falls - makes sense. I'm thinking the UNI colors would also work for my LSU crazed in-laws.

Sarah Jane said...

I just decided to start a yarn diet. I think window shopping for a few months is the way to go. Thanks for the tip!

Katie said...

I'm pretty darn happy with the stash-busting I've been doing this year. TKE's closing sale set me back a little bit, but it's still good. However, I DID just discover Sundara Yarn's freakin' gorgeous site full of downright edible yarns. Wow!

Knittripps said...

Guh. I need to window shop more and shop less myself!