Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WIP Wednesday

I started this sock and am in love with it. However, I'm not in love with the multi-colored yarn. It's Crystal Palace Mini Mochi in the Autumn Rainbow colorway. The yarn is a single ply but is a wool/nylon blend. I thought the nylon would make it stronger but not the case. I've already had it pull apart twice and have come upon a knot. Not things I like to discover while knitting a sock. I'm thinking that I'll do the foot the semi-solid off white.... K1C2 Crock-o-Dye. But it's a bummer since all the 'fun' of the sock will be under my pant leg. Ahhh well. I'll knit this pattern again with stronger sock yarn. 2.5mm circ / my own pattern.

7 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

cute! Bummer about the yarn though, at least you can admire the pattern when you have your feet up :)

Erica said...

That looks amazing!

Jane said...

you are much more ambitious that i, my friend. these are lovely!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! Very impressive!!

essjay said...

I love this - it is wonderful!

Sarah said...

It looks great. Even if the beauty will be hidden under your pants you will have a great sock secret with yourself.

Pat said...

The natural colors sure are pretty! I like the idea of plain foot - more comfortable in shoes than thickish colorwork!