Monday, January 26, 2009

Countdown to Spring

I have spring fever. Pretty crazy when it's still January, huh?! I'm probably just stating the obvious feeling that we all have but aren't willing to say because it does seem a bit crazy to start pining for spring in January. But here I am. Wishing for spring. It's a good thing that spring in Iowa is pretty fantastic... but really, it is everywhere, isn't it? Here it seems to be a bit more technicolor after the bleakness of a long, hard, cold winter. Browsing through my photos from last year, I have photos of snow coming down on April 12. That made my heart sink. But then on April 15, I have photos of a squirrel playing in the very green grass. Spring sneaks up on us here in Iowa. Winter always seems to take its last hurrah before spring finally arrives for good.

It will be here eventually. That's the great promise of spring. Eventually.

No comments: