Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Random Wednesday

  • I think it's time to update my blog design. I'm tired of the blue.
  • I started knitting a moebius cowl last night: Harmonia's Rings Cowl by Sivia Harding. I watched Cat Bordhi's wonderful moebius cast on video on You Tube to help get me started.
  • I love the 'Rules by the Meanest Mommy in the World' blog. Funny stuff that I can relate to.
  • I also have a pair of mittens on my needles. The pattern is the Snow Glade Mittens. I'm using Rowanspun 4ply. They're knitting up beautifully! I'm pacing myself -- 10 rows per day. I'll have a pair in about two weeks.
  • I finished another pair of mittens but they're a gift so I'll share the details after my friend receives them.
  • I have the itch to build something. I'm thinking a new headboard for my son, and maybe a plant stand. We'll see how far that itch goes. Maybe I'm just itching for tag sale season.
  • So far, Winter here in Maine has been lovely. We have had a few snowy sessions, but in between it's been bright and sunny. What a treat! I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed winter.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for the link to that blog (rules by the meanest mommy) some fun stuff!

That plant stand is very cool, and would be a fun project....

Rita said...

I am glad the winter in Maine has been lovely because the winter in Iowa has been more than most have wanted to deal with - FRIGID!

On a happier note, today is SUNNY and WARM! 42 degree right now.

Give us time we will be complaining about the snow melting and messing up our cars and the floods from the runoff that will be happening soon...LOL Iowans only have the weather to complain about. :)

IowaKnitter said...

Isn't Cat Bordhi's video a stitch (pun intended)! I love her videos. They're very informative and she's so funny!

essjay said...

I saw a set of patterns for build it yourself sewing table if you want to build that for me :) Can't wait to see all the mittens!