via Carole Knits
1. Explain what ended your last relationship?
I was engaged to a man that I did love, but we just didn't have the same goals in life. He didn't want kids, wanted to live in the city and be a musician forever... he's doing that now so all's well that ends well. We fell in love in college and were a good match back then. We just sort of got to a fork in the road. I met my now husband and broke off my engagement immediately. The rest is history.
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.
getting breakfast on the table for the big guys... they eat first, then the babe and I dilly dally all morning drinking coffee and juice, watching cartoons, reading books, knitting, eating dry cheerios and yogurt. Ahh... such is life. :)
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
tucking in the big boy who is home late from cub scouts. they had very serious pinewood derby business to take care of tonight which made them run late.
5. Some things you are excited about?
Spring. Getting to know our new town. Going to Florida for spring break next month. Going to Iowa this summer. Seeing my baby brother graduate from high school in May.
6. What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O?
7. Your prom night, what do you remember about it?
I went with a group of friends. I wore a red satin dress, black and white polka dot shoes, big hair, bright red finger nails. I felt like a million bucks and had a blast.
8. Do you have any famous ancestors?
not that I know of.
9. Last thing received in the mail?
WEBS order confirmation. Misti Pima Cotton & Silk on closeout
10. How many different beverages have you had today?
3: water, coffee, tea
11. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?
people still have answering machines? Most of the people I call have voice mail or caller ID (on their cell phones) so I just hang up, they will know I called. If it's not just a social call, of course I leave a message.
12. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
sometimes... most of the time I'm making choo-choo tracks or building sand castles with my boys.
13. Any plans for Friday night?
my son and I have a date for Diary of a Wimpy Kid
14. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
I've never dipped my hair in the ocean, but I imagine it's not kind.
15. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
16. Do you re-use towels after you shower?
No, and I've tried. I need a fresh towel every day. My husband could use his two weeks straight, but I just can't.
17. Describe your keychain(s)?
a mini-skein of Malabrigo that Sara made for me ages ago.
18. Where do you keep your change?
in a glass milk jug on the counter
19. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
I think probably last August at our huge family reunion in Colorado
20. What kind of winter coat do you own?
a very practical and not very stylish one! I actually have a couple of nice ones, but none of them came out of the closet this winter. I'm OK with that. My new 'dressy' is whichever hiking shoes are the least muddy, and gore-tex.