Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 1

She started it and I thought I'd play along. Happy Birthday to us!

1:365 Minestrone

9/16 -Today is my 33rd birthday. I made a big pot of minestrone (my fave) and as you can see it was messy. I have very limited counter space in this house (why does it seem like every time we move I lose counter space?!) The soup was delicious and since it was my birthday, I didn't have to clean this mess up.

2:365 Work

9/17 - I worked at the yarn shop today. I'm thrilled about this new arrangement. New faces, new friends, new opportunities. I kept thinking all day long that 'wow, I'm getting paid for this!'

3:365 Budding Artist

9/18 - Smiley faces with arms and legs are my new favorite pieces of art and are pure genius.

4:365 Ahh Lake

9/19 - It's meditative to live near a natural body of water for numerous reasons. For me it's very therapeutic to take it all in every time I'm going to and from home. Each time I drive through here, I give thanks. The leaves have changed quite a bit since I took this photo... I'll have to do a comparison shot.

5:365 Pikes Hill


Not the greatest photo but I'm going to stay true to my task at hand... it's the only photo I took today. This road is incredibly steep... I wasn't to the steep downhill yet. At the top of the hill the view is enough to cause one to get teary -- the mountains to the west, our small town in the valley below and the hills beyond. But don't get too choked up and keep that foot on the brake because it feels like it's straight downhill from here!

6:365 A Walk in the Woods

9/21 - The boys and I took a walk after school today. It was just too nice to head inside to make dinner and do homework. We can't wait for many more walks throughout the fall. The colors will be amazing.

7:365 Hopscotch

9/22 - We add a few squares every time we come outside. Since taking this I think we're up to 96.

photos taken this week: 128

6 comments:

essjay said...

:) I love this first week! I am so thrilled that you are doing this project and I do hope that you enjoy it!

I love that you didn't have to clean up on your birthday - that is the way it should be.

I cannot wait to step foot into the yarn store you work in & into your house - the land looks like a little slice of heaven.

Have I mentioned that I'm excited to see all your YIP pictures???

Stacia said...

Glad to see you're joining in. This looks like a fun project. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Fun! Enjoyed your photos, Liz!

Tina J. said...

Liz!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing all the pictures! It looks like you live in one of the most beautiful places... I love the lake and the forest and all those trees! (a little jealous)
Happy belated birthday, youngin'!
A little jealous too that you work in a yarn store. We don't have a yarn store in my little town, or I'd be very tempted to work again! lol

Sarah said...

I am so glad you are doing YIP. I look forward to checking out the photos.

I love the photo of Tommy playing hopscotch.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I might have to try this idea, too! What fun to work in a yarn store. I would most likely spend everything I made right there in the store and not a penny would leave.