Friday, November 7, 2008

Creatively Dyed luxury sock

Tonight I thought I'd start a new sort of regular post on my blog. Each week I'm going to tell you about one of my tried and true, favorite knitting related things ... a good yarn, a certain book, pattern designer, whatever strikes my fancy. Tonight I thought I'd lead off with one of my favorite sock yarns... what else??

I've bought a lot of sock yarn over the years. I've knit up a lot of sock yarn. I tend to be a little more careful when making my selections nowadays. My not-so-strict rules are:
... something I haven't tried yet and I think might be different than all the rest.
...if it is a yarn I've bought before, I have to have used it up and loved it.
...souvenir yarn bought from a LYS where I'm traveling, and hopefully a product from that state.
Creatively Dyed luxury sock (80% Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon) is now one of my favorite sock yarns. I knit up these socks to the left (rav link) last June in the Hot Salsa colorway. I loved how the yarn didn't pool but had brilliant color variations. The base yarn is special and different because it has a smidge of cashmere in it. This is the first time I've knit socks with cashmere. I was skeptical that just 10% cashmere would make this yarn feel that different.. but it certainly does. These socks are softer than my other socks but so far have held up beautifully. I machine wash these with the rest of the family laundry (on cold) and lay flat to dry. I used the Monkey sock pattern on size US1/2.25mm needles.

So if you've 'tried it all' when it comes to sock yarn and are looking for something different, try Creatively Dyed luxury sock. You'll love it.

1 comment:

essjay said...

I'm not going to come to your blog Friday nights - I can feel my wallet emptying already! ;) This one is being added to my list now!