Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes Yes Yes!

Last night was exhilarating! Watching the election results come in went a lot faster than I thought it would... geez... especially when compared to the last two Presidential elections.

It was amazing to watch history play out on TV. The emotional release I felt when Barack Obama was announced the winner caught me off guard. It was a release of pent up frustration and a new, overwhelming sense of hope that rushed over me like a comforting warmth. I cried and cried. Historical! Emotional! Electric!

My friend Lynda wrote a blog post yesterday that I took to heart. She said it so well... you should go read her words. I'm going to hold on to this feeling and be there for my family, my friends, my brothers and sisters, my neighbors, my community. It's just one of the many messages that have resonated with me during Barack Obama's campaign. He has already touched my life in many ways just with his words. I can't wait to see what he does for our country during his time as president.

I AM my brother's keeper, I AM my sister's keeper. YES WE CAN!

2 comments:

KnittySue said...

I share your feelings..it's just overwhelming. He will need all our help to put us back on the right road.
Thanks for sharing ..I'm bookmarking you to my blog.

essjay said...

It was so inspiring - I actually had to put my knitting down to listen. Yes We DID!