Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Heelhead Scarf

Heelhead Scarf / 2 Skeins of Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Geranio colorway /
size 7 needles / Ravelry Link

I did 39 cable repeats on each side instead of the recommended 49... it's plenty long... I didn't measure but take my word for it. The tails are long enough to wrap around twice and fling over my shoulders to the back.

I loved the construction of this scarf... the short row heel method creates a wonderful seamless hood and I love how the garter-cable border isn't disrupted all the way around the hood. I also love the combination of garter stitch and cables for extra squoosh.

I used just under two skeins of luscious Malabrigo which made a super soft, warm, wind-proof fabric. I'm gifting this hooded scarf to a good friend of mine who spends her fair share of work days outside yet is style conscious enough to not want to have hat head when she goes back inside. I think it'll be perfect for her. ;) I hope she likes it as much as I do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look ready to go on a spy mission! Or ride in a convertable in the winter. Take your pick.

Tina J. said...

Audrey Hepburn-y, isn't it? I love it!

essjay said...

What a neat idea - I'm sure your friend will love it. How could she not when it is made out of Malabrigo?

Knittripps said...

Looks warm and functional! I am sure she will love it. Malabrigo is so soft.

Amy J said...

It's very mysterious and glam looking. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this scarf - you are so talented!