Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Heelhead Scarf

Heelhead Scarf / 2 Skeins of Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Geranio colorway /
size 7 needles / Ravelry Link

I did 39 cable repeats on each side instead of the recommended 49... it's plenty long... I didn't measure but take my word for it. The tails are long enough to wrap around twice and fling over my shoulders to the back.

I loved the construction of this scarf... the short row heel method creates a wonderful seamless hood and I love how the garter-cable border isn't disrupted all the way around the hood. I also love the combination of garter stitch and cables for extra squoosh.

I used just under two skeins of luscious Malabrigo which made a super soft, warm, wind-proof fabric. I'm gifting this hooded scarf to a good friend of mine who spends her fair share of work days outside yet is style conscious enough to not want to have hat head when she goes back inside. I think it'll be perfect for her. ;) I hope she likes it as much as I do.

No comments: