Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Big Sven Sveater


I'm knitting this sweater for my 2 1/2 year old son. I'm using Berroco Vintage which is a washable wool/acrylic blend. Tomorrow I'm going to join the sleeves and the body and knit the yoke with a little bit of colorwork... the contrast colors will be light teal and cream. I've always loved this type of knitted sweater but this is the first one I've done this way. I foresee many more in my future.

I usually advocate knitting sweaters from the top-down but I have to say that knitting them like this really moves things along for me... get all the boring out of the way first in anticipation for the fun at the end. I like that!


Coos Canyon, Byron, Maine
(click photo to enlarge)

1 comment:

Pat said...

I've knit several Big Svens (only one since blogging) and many Wonderful Wallabys too - I LOVE Cottage Creation patterns - can't wait to see the yoke on yours!