Thursday, September 10, 2009

She Wore a Raspberry Beret

It's a FO, it's a FO! I have to make this quick so I can maximize naptime and work on some other UFOs.

This is the 'Vine and Leaf Beret' that is on the cover of the Fall 2009 Vogue Knitting. I used Queensland Collection Rustic Wool DK, Size US 2 needles for the ribbing, US 3 for the body of the hat. This hat was fun to knit because each round was a pattern round... I also liked the way that the top finished up... every other lace panel decreased until none were left and then the remaining lace panels decreased. It makes for a pretty beret.

My only advice is to pay attention when you get to the decrease rounds. I recommend that you put a stitch marker between every two lace panels (or one chart repeat) so you don't lose your place. After the pattern has been established, it's much easier to follow along.

I suppose I could block this out, but I like how it looks and feels unblocked. Despite being lace, it'll be a nice, pretty, cozy hat for this fall/winter.

One UFO down, many to go. On to the next....

5 comments:

Ellen said...

What a beautiful FO! Raspberry is your color!

Stacia said...

It's lovely! I look forward to seeing more FOs.

Thea said...

It's gorgeous! I liked it in Vogue too, but that color is way better....

Jane said...

yay for FOs! It's so cute! I'm working on seaming up my sweater and it's taking forever. Hopefully, this weekend I will be able to get to it! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Prince would be proud-lol! ; ) Really great, beret, Liz!