Saturday, September 12, 2009

Let's Talk Knitty!

Knitty Fall 2009 hit the web yesterday and there are a few designs that I'm excited about...

1 Across Beanie is really great. It's my number one favorite design from this issue. I love it because it's quirky and because I have two crossword puzzle crazed people in my life... my 10 year old son and my Mom. I think I'll knit each of them this one. I also love geometric, black & white designs... so I might knit another for me, too. / Ravelry Link



Bel is a very unique design! I've been looking for a sweater/vest thing for a while and this one is one that I would love to knit. I love the unique construction and how the tone-on-tone variegated yarn stripes vertically. I've had my eye on some Madeline Tosh worsted in the Ginger colorway for quite a while. Every time I'm in Purl Diva it catches my eye. I think this pattern would be a great match for the yarn. / Ravelry Link




Girl Friday has such a great lacy texture. I love when lace designs incorporate a little bit of garter stitch. It sort of reminds me of the infamous Monkey socks. The combo of garter + lace equals a great funky texture without being too formal.

As much as I would love to cast this one on immediately, I'm hesitant due to my own gauge issues with lace patterns... if I knit this one I'll have to swatch properly and pre-wash it just to make sure it doesn't grow too much. / Ravelry Link


Margot looks like a great twist on a top-down pattern... simple elements... eyelets on the raglan seams, thick garter stitch bands. I also love that it's knit with sport weight yarn. I don't have any sport weight sweaters that I've knit for myself, but several finer gauge commercial sweaters that are my favorites. / Ravelry Link



Colonnade is my kind of shawl. It's knit at a large gauge, looks super quick, and is strikingly beautiful. I could see wearing it like it's styled in the photo or over a basic black knit shirt. It's not a shawl that needs a special occasion to be worn. I would wear this all the time... getting groceries... going to knit night. I think this might be the first thing I cast on.

This style of triangular shawl seems to be all the rage right now and I think this one fits the bill for the colder months when we need something a bit more substantial.

I try not to get hung up on using the yarn that the pattern calls for... who can resist Manos del Uruguay? LOVE! / Ravelry Link

So there you have it... my faves. What are yours?

WAY TO GO Knitty! More amazing and UNIQUE patterns for us to love for years to come.

No comments: