Thursday, September 10, 2009

She Wore a Raspberry Beret

It's a FO, it's a FO! I have to make this quick so I can maximize naptime and work on some other UFOs.

This is the 'Vine and Leaf Beret' that is on the cover of the Fall 2009 Vogue Knitting. I used Queensland Collection Rustic Wool DK, Size US 2 needles for the ribbing, US 3 for the body of the hat. This hat was fun to knit because each round was a pattern round... I also liked the way that the top finished up... every other lace panel decreased until none were left and then the remaining lace panels decreased. It makes for a pretty beret.

My only advice is to pay attention when you get to the decrease rounds. I recommend that you put a stitch marker between every two lace panels (or one chart repeat) so you don't lose your place. After the pattern has been established, it's much easier to follow along.

I suppose I could block this out, but I like how it looks and feels unblocked. Despite being lace, it'll be a nice, pretty, cozy hat for this fall/winter.

One UFO down, many to go. On to the next....

No comments: